Quick Drop Terms and Conditions
- Agreement to Terms and Conditions. These Quick Drop Terms and Conditions (the “Terms and Conditions”) apply to your use of Canada Post’s Quick Drop feature, made available through the Canada Post mobile application (the “Canada Post App” or “App”). By accessing and using the Quick Drop feature, you accept and agree to be bound by these Terms and Conditions and create a legally binding contract with Canada Post Corporation (“Canada Post” or “we” or “us”). If you do not accept and agree to be bound by these terms and conditions, do not access or use the Quick Drop feature.
These Terms and Conditions affect your legal rights and responsibilities. Without limiting the foregoing, you assume full responsibility and liability for your use and/or attempted use of the Quick Drop feature.
- Quick Drop Feature. Canada Post’s “Quick Drop” feature may be used by consumers when dropping return packages into a Canada Post street letter box. See Section 3 below for Quick Drop requirements, and Section 4 below for how to use the Quick Drop feature.
We may suspend, cancel or block your access to Quick Drop at anytime and for any reason, without notice.
- Quick Drop Requirements. To use Quick Drop, you must satisfy each of the requirements set out below. You represent and warrant that each of these requirements are satisfied.
- Canada Post App. You have downloaded the Canada Post App and created an account. Your account must be valid and your account information must be current. You are solely responsible for ensuring the validity and accuracy of your account information. Quick Drop is currently available only to Android users.
- Consumers only. You are using Quick Drop as a consumer. Without limiting the foregoing, neither businesses, corporations, nor organizations may use the Quick Drop feature.
- Return Package Contents. Your return package must not contain any non-mailable matter (also referred to as “prohibited items”) or controlled items. Refer to our “Restrictions on personal shipping” page and the Canada Postal Guide at canadapost.ca/postalguide under Non-mailable matter for details.
- Canada Post Returns only. You may only use Quick Drop if you are using a Canada Post returns shipping label that was provided to you by the merchant that originally sold you the return item.
- Return Item Packaging & Returns Label. Your return item must be securely packaged, and a Canada Post returns shipping label affixed to the package in accordance with Canada Post’s packaging and labeling requirements. Refer to the Canada Postal Guide at canadapost.ca/postalguide under ABCs of Mailing for details.
- Package Weight and Dimensions. Your packaged return must fall within the specifications set out below:
Minimum Size & Weight
Maximum Size & Weight
100 mm x 70 mm x 15 mm (3.9 in. x 2.8 in. x 0.6 in.)
50 g (0.1 lb.)
No one dimension may exceed 2 m (78.7 in)
Max. L + G = 3 m (118 in.)*
22.7 kg/50 lb
*L = length; G = girth (girth is the distance around the item, measured at right angles to the length)
- How to Use Quick Drop:
Step 1: Prepare your return package in accordance with the Quick Drop requirements set out in Section 3 above.
Step 2: Bring your return package to a Canada Post street letter box.
Step 3: Open Quick Drop through the Canada Post App and scan the barcode on your Canada Post returns label when prompted. Alternatively, you may manually enter the barcode number on your Canada Post returns label.
The App will indicate when your return package information has been successfully scanned/entered, and will provide you with the following summary information (the “Summary Information”): (1) your username, (2) tracking number, (3) date and time you scanned/manually entered the return package information, and (4) checkbox (the “Confirmation Checkbox”) for you to confirm you have dropped the item into a Canada Post street letter box.
Step 4: Review the Summary Information to ensure it is correct. If correct, drop your return package into the Canada Post street letter box and click the Confirmation Checkbox.
If the Summary Information is not correct, do not click the Confirmation Checkbox. Correct the inaccurate information before clicking the Confirmation Checkbox.
Step 5: Once you have clicked the Confirmation Checkbox and dropped the return package into the Canada Post street letter box, click “Submit”. Clicking “Submit” does not mean your item was received by Canada Post. Canada Post’s receipt and acceptance of the return package is only evidenced by the first item level scan of the package completed by Canada Post.
- Acknowledgement Email and Tracking Information. After successfully completing the steps set out in Section 4 above and clicking “Submit,” you will receive an acknowledgement email from Canada Post. This email will be sent to the email address contained in your App profile. It is solely your responsibility to ensure this and all other information contained in your App profile is complete and accurate. The acknowledgement email does not indicate receipt of your return package by Canada Post. Canada Post’s receipt and acceptance of the return package is only evidenced by the first item level scan of the package completed by Canada Post.
The acknowledgement email will contain the following information:
Scan submission Date and Time
If you have subscribed to Canada Post’s automatic tracking feature, the tracking number for your return package will automatically be added to your Canada Post track list. In addition, your acknowledgement email will contain the following additional information: See the automatic tracking terms and conditions for details regarding the automatic tracking feature.
- Acknowledgement Email Not Evidence of Acceptance by Canada Post. The acknowledgement email does not indicate receipt of your return package by Canada Post. No return package that would otherwise be eligible for Canada Post’s standard loss, damage or delay claims will be eligible for such claims without an item level scan evidencing acceptance by Canada Post.
Neither the Quick Drop screen, nor the acknowledgement email indicate receipt or acceptance of the return package by Canada Post. Canada Post’s receipt and acceptance of the return package is only evidenced by the first item level scan of the package completed by Canada Post.
- Failure to Comply with Terms and Conditions. Any packaged return that fails to comply with these Terms and Conditions may be returned to sender or otherwise not delivered. Further, you may be personally liable; see Section 9 and Section 12 for details.
- Fees. Quick Drop is offered free of charge. Canada Post shipping fees are charged separately, and are not included as part of the free Quick Drop feature.
- Responsibility/Liability for Returned Items. You are responsible and liable for all your packages. Without limiting anything contained in these Terms and Conditions, you agree not to drop any items into any Canada Post street letterbox that could be considered non-mailable matter (also referred to as “prohibited items”) or controlled items. Refer to our “Restrictions on personal shipping” page and the Canada Postal Guide at canadapost.ca/postalguide under Non-mailable matter for details.
- Disclaimers. We have taken considerable care to prepare and maintain the Canada Post App. HOWEVER, WE ARE PROVIDING THE APP AND THE QUICK DROP FEATURE STRICTLY ON AN "AS IS" AND "AS AVAILABLE" BASIS. Your use of the App and/or use of the Quick Drop feature is at your sole risk. Canada Post disclaims all warranties, expressed or implied, including implied warranties of accuracy, merchantability and fitness for a particular purpose.
We may at any time without notice suspend or terminate operation of the App, the Quick Drop feature, your access to the App or any portion of the App, and/or your access to the Quick Drop feature or any portion of the Quick Drop feature.
- EXCLUSION OF LIABILITY. NOTWITHSTANDING ANYTHING TO THE CONTRARY AND WITHOUT LIMITING ANY OTHER LIMITATIONS OF LIABILITY THAT APPLY TO CANADA POST’S PARCEL SERVICES AND/OR THE APP, IN NO EVENT WILL CANADA POST, ANY AFFILIATE OF CANADA POST, AND/OR ANY EMPLOYEE, OFFICER, DIRECTOR, OR REPRESENTATIVE OF CANADA POST OR ANY AFFILIATE OF CANADA POST (EACH OF THE PREVIOUSLY MENTIONED PARTIES, INDIVIDUALLY AND COLLECTIVELY, BEING THE “CANADA POST PARTIES”) BE LIABLE FOR ANY LOSS OR DAMAGES WHATSOEVER ARISING OUT OF, OR OTHERWISE RELATED TO: (i) YOUR USE AND/OR ATTEMPTED USE OF THE QUICK DROP FEATURE, (ii) THESE TERMS AND CONDITIONS, OR (iii) CANADA POST’S DELIVERY, ATTEMPTED DELIVERY, OR FAILURE TO DELIVER ANY PARCEL. THIS EXCLUSION OF LIABILITY APPLIES NO MATTER WHAT KIND OF LOSS OR DAMAGE YOU EXPERIENCE, INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, DIRECT, INDIRECT, GENERAL, SPECIAL, INCIDENTAL, PUNITIVE, CONSEQUENTIAL, OR OTHER DAMAGES.
THIS EXCLUSION OF LIABILITY APPLIES:
(1) WHETHER THE ACTION IS IN CONTRACT, TORT OR OTHERWISE;
(2) EVEN IF CANADA POST IS EXPRESSLY ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF LOSS OR DAMAGES; AND
(3) NO MATTER WHAT CAUSED THE LOSS OR DAMAGES, INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION CANADA POST’S NEGLIGENCE AND/OR GROSS NEGLIGENCE.
THIS EXCLUSION OF LIABILITY APPLIES TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW.
- Indemnity. You will indemnify the Canada Post Parties against all claims, demands, damages, losses, fines, expenses (including all legal fees and costs) and/or any other types of liability (individually and collectively, the “Claims”) to the extent the Claim is caused by: (1) your breach of the Terms and Conditions, and/or (2) your use and/or attempted use of the Quick Drop feature. We may, in our sole discretion, assume the exclusive defence and control of any Claim otherwise subject to this indemnification by you. Even if we assume the defence of a Claim you will remain responsible for the payment of the Claim, and you will cooperate as fully as reasonably required by us in the defence of any Claim.
- Other Terms and Conditions. These Terms and Conditions and your use of Canada Post’s Quick Drop feature are also subject to the following:
- Canada Post Corporation Act. Notwithstanding anything else in these Terms and Conditions or any other document, your use of the Quick Drop feature and Canada Post’s parcel services is subject to the provisions of the Canada Post Corporation Act and its Regulations (the “Act”). To the extent there is any conflict between the Act and anything else, the Act will govern.
- Amendments. We may change these Terms and Conditions at any time without notice. It is your responsibility to check this website regularly for changes. Your continued use of the Quick Drop feature following the posting of changes to these Terms and Conditions will mean that you accept and agree to the changes. Without limiting the foregoing, we may change or terminate the Quick Drop feature at anytime without notice.
- Governing Law & Jurisdiction. These Terms and Conditions and all disputes or other matters arising out of the use and/or attempted use of the Quick Drop feature will be governed by the laws of the Province of Ontario and the applicable laws of Canada, without regard to conflict of law principles. Any dispute will be dealt with solely by a court of competent jurisdiction in Canada.
- Entire Agreement. The Terms and Conditions state the entire agreement and supersede all prior agreements or understandings, whether written or oral, with respect to its subject matter.
- Severability. If any provision or any part of any provision of the Terms and Conditions is held to be unenforceable, invalid, or illegal, then it shall be severable and deemed to be deleted and the remaining provisions shall remain valid and binding.
- Survival. The terms of these Terms and Conditions that by their nature are intended to survive the termination or expiration of these Terms and Conditions (including without limitation, Section 10 (Disclaimers), Section 11 (Exclusion of Liability), and Section 12 (Indemnity)) shall survive.
- Assignment. You may not assign these Terms and Conditions, nor any of your rights or obligations under these Terms and Conditions, in whole or in part, at any time.
- Headings/Interpretation. Headings in the Terms and Conditions are included for convenience only, and not for purposes of interpretation. The words in the Terms and Conditions shall be interpreted simply according to their fair and plain meanings, and not strictly for or against either party, regardless of which party drafted the Terms and Conditions or any specific provision.
- No Waiver. Failure of a party to insist on strict adherence to any term or provision of the Terms and Conditions on any occasion or the waiver of a breach of the Terms and Conditions in any instance will not deprive the party of the right thereafter to insist on strict adherence to that term or provision or any other term or provision in the Terms and Conditions or be construed as a waiver of any subsequent breach, whether or not similar.