You can purchase Mail Forwarding service on behalf of another individual (including a deceased person) or business, either online or at your nearest post office.
To buy Mail Forwarding online on behalf of another person or a business:
- Specify whose mail you’d like to have forwarded and complete the online form.
- Print a barcode and pay online.
- Take the barcode to a post office to show your government-issued photo ID and your authority to act on behalf of another individual or a business. See the table below for what to bring with you.
Purchasing at a post office
To buy Mail Forwarding at a post office on behalf of another person or a business:
- Come in to a post office and complete a form. To save time, you can print and complete the Mail Forwarding form before you come in.
- Provide your personal government-issued photo ID along with a document that demonstrates your authority to act on the behalf of the other party. See the table below for what to bring with you.
Bring to the post office
|Buying on behalf of
|Bring to the post office
Another person or a business
A deceased individual